First Friday Hawaii
- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Hawaii State Foundation On Culture and The Arts - Now hiring Arts Program Specialist (Folk and Traditional Arts)
- This is a permanent, full-time position with the State Foundation on Culture and the Arts (SFCA). The SFCA is a division of the State of Hawaiʻi Department of Accounting and General Services, and is the state government arts agency.
- Positions in this series are involved in short- and long-range planning, preparation of grant proposals and budget estimates, surveys, formulation of specific projects or activities, development of appropriate relationships and preparation of contracts, etc.
- Positions in this series require broad knowledge of the visual and performing arts, and the ability to deal with individuals and groups on matters of culture and the arts as well as on matters dealing with contract arrangements, expenditures, and other business details.
- The Arts Program Specialist III conducts program activities in the development, negotiation and completion of statewide ethno-cultural and arts activities; and performs other related duties as assigned. This class is distinguished by its independent responsibility for carrying out program activities involving work with community organizations, individual artists and performers, officials of other governmental agencies, and other interested persons or groups. A position in this class develops all details for assigned activities including the preparation of contracts, budgets, schedules, etc. A position in this class may supervise lower-level specialists and clerical personnel.
- A limited number of applications will be accepted, and we encourage those interested to apply as soon as possible.
- Applications must be sent to the State of Hawaiʻi Department of Human Resources Development (DHRD), Employee Staffing Division.
Work at the State Foundation on Culture and the Arts
Hawaiʻi State Foundation on Culture and the Arts (SFCA) Arts Program Specialist III (Folk and Traditional Arts) Job Number 22-0157
Location: Honolulu, island of Oʻahu
Apply Now at GovernmentJobs.com
The mission of the Hawaii State Foundation on Culture and the Arts is to promote, perpetuate, preserve and encourage culture and the arts, history and the humanities as central to the quality of life of the people of Hawaii. HSFCA funding is provided by the State of Hawaii and the National Endowment for the Arts.
| Courtesy of: Hawaii State Art Museum|
Hawaii State Art Museum
The Hawai'i State Art Museum is dedicated to presenting the largest and finest collection of works by Hawai'i artists that celebrate the diverse artistic and cultural legacy of Hawai'i.
To promote, perpetuate, preserve and encourage culture and the arts, history and the humanities as central to the quality of life of the people of Hawai`i. HSFCA funding is provided by the State of Hawai`i and the National Endowment for the Arts. The HSFCA is administratively attached to the Department of Accounting and General Services.
The musuem is open from Tuesday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Closed State and Federal Holdays. Always free admission. For pre-recorded information call 586-0900.
The Hawai'i State Art Museum is open Tuesday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is free. For pre-recorded summary information on the museum, call (808) 586-0900. For current museum program information, call the HSFCA Art in Public Places Program at (808) 586-0305. To arrange an educational tour of the museum, call (808) 586-9958.
For information on the HSFCA; the Hawai'i State Art Museum; HSFCA grants, programs, and services; Hawai'i arts and culture events; and USA and worldwide arts opportunities, visit the HSFCA website, www.hawaii.gov/sfca.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Hawaii State Art Museum
The Hawai'i State Art Museum is dedicated to presenting the largest and finest collection of works by Hawai'i artists that celebrate the diverse artistic and cultural legacy of Hawaii.
250 South Hotel Street, 2nd Floor, Honolulu, HI (View Map)
- About First Friday
Learn about First Friday Honolulu Gallery Walk in downtown Honolulu / Chinatown area.
- Current Events and Exhibits Calendar
Check out upcoming exhibits, shows and events for the next First Friday.
- First Friday News
Keep up with the latest news from the First Friday community - special events, calendars, Downtown/Chinatown news, art news and much more!
- First Friday Featured Pages
Artist, galleries, maps, parking, shopping, restaurants and much more. More...
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the First Friday Hawaii.com Community More...