First Friday Hawaii
- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Parks & Rec Classes Resuming This Fall Under Safe Access Oahu Program
Parks & Rec classes resuming this fall under Safe Access O‘ahu Program
O‘AHU -- In accordance with the suspension of large gatherings and the launch of the Safe Access O‘ahu Program, the Honolulu Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) will be offering a hybrid catalog of fall classes, resumption of limited indoor facility usage, and modified permitting guidelines. All of these updates are designed to help keep our community safe, while continuing to provide enjoyable recreational opportunities to our park users in a comfortable environment.
The wide variety of classes offered this fall range from aquatics to archery, talk story sessions to tai chi, with options for in-person and online enjoyment available. The list of classes being offered is now open for public viewing via the Parks and Recreation Online System (PROS) at pros.hnl.info
The majority of the classes are being offered free of charge, with registration being conducted online (via the same PROS website). Classes requiring payment will require in-person registration, at the park where the class is located.
The beginning of online and in-person registration is divided by the geographic park districts following the below timetable (all times indicated are Hawai‘i Standard Time, HST):
ONLINE REGISTRATION ( pros.hnl.info )
District I (Hawaiʻi Kai to McCully) and District II (Makiki to ʻAiea)
• Sept. 20 -- 4 p.m.
District III (Pearl Ridge to Waiʻanae to Wahiawā), District IV (Waialua to Waimānalo), and District V (Patsy T. Mink Central O‘ahu Regional Park)
• Sept. 22 -- 4 p.m.
District I and District II
• Sept. 20 -- 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• Sept. 21 -- 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
District III, District IV, and District V
• Sept. 22 -- 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• Sept. 23 -- 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
As a result of the gathering limitations, the amount of registrants is restricted based on how the class is being conducted. Fall classes and programs are scheduled to begin by Monday, Oct. 4.
INDOOR FACILITY ENTRY
DPR's fall classes and permitting of our indoor facilities to other organizations will be allowed in accordance with the Safe Access O‘ahu Program.
This includes the following procedures:
- All DPR indoor facilities will require staff, contract workers, volunteers and customers (members of the public) entering our covered premises to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and corresponding identification verifying their information UNLESS:
- Customers (members of the public) provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 48 hours of entry into the covered premises, and identification bearing the same identifying information as the proof of negative test presented.
- Staff, contract workers, or volunteers provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 7 days of entry into the covered premises, and identification bearing the same identifying information as the proof of negative test presented.
- Anyone under 12 years of age.
- Anyone remaining in the covered premise 15 minutes or less per 24-hour period.
- Proof of full vaccination includes:
- A physical copy of the state-approved vaccination card
- A photo/digital copy of your vaccination card
- Some DPR facilities may accept QR codes generated from the Hawai‘i SMART Health Card program, but this is not a guarantee. Therefore, the above-mentioned forms of proof are the most widely accept.
- Some DPR indoor facilities will NOT require this proof of vaccination/negative test prior to entry, but will require facial mask wearing regardless of vaccination status. Those facilities include, but are not limited to:
- Comfort stations (park bathroom buildings)
- Pool bathrooms/changing areas
- Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve educational theatre
- For permitted indoor activities, the permittee is responsible for compliance with the Safe Access O‘ahu Program and current gathering limitations, including confirming proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test result for all of park users prior to the start of their permitted activity. These changes will be reflected in the "COVID-19 Additional Terms and Conditions". For DPR events and classes our staff will be responsible for compliance.
To access the COVID-modified permitting guidelines and applications for City park facilities, please visit: bit.ly/COVIDpermits
We appreciate the patience and understanding of the public as we all work to mitigate the devastating impacts of COVID-19 on our community and healthcare providers. Wearing face coverings, maintaining physical distancing when possible, and getting vaccinated continue to be our best tools for combating the pandemic.
To view the Mayor Blangiardi's amended order and proclamation please visit http://www.honolulu.gov/mayor/proclamations-orders-and-rules.html
O‘ahu residents are encouraged to visit https://www.oneoahu.org/reopening-strategy for more information. If you do not find what they are looking for on the website, the City's COVID-19 information call center remains open every day from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except on holidays. People can call the 768-CITY (2489) information hotline or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need an auxiliary aid/service, other accommodations due to a disability, or an interpreter for a language other than English in reference to this announcement, please contact the Honolulu Department of Parks and Recreation at (808) 768-3003 on weekdays from 7:45 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. or email email@example.com
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- About First Friday
Learn about First Friday Honolulu Gallery Walk in downtown Honolulu / Chinatown area.
- Current Events and Exhibits Calendar
Check out upcoming exhibits, shows and events for the next First Friday.
- First Friday News
Keep up with the latest news from the First Friday community - special events, calendars, Downtown/Chinatown news, art news and much more!
- First Friday Featured Pages
Artist, galleries, maps, parking, shopping, restaurants and much more. More...
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the First Friday Hawaii.com Community More...