First Friday Hawaii
- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Municipal Golf Courses Implement Tier 4 Modifications
Ala Wai Golf Course
O‘AHU – Effective immediately, the six municipal golf courses (Ala Wai, Pali, Ted Makalena, Ewa Villages, West Loch and Kahuku) will implement modifications allowed under Tier 4 of the City’s reopening framework. Tier 4 industry standards set by the PGA/Aloha Section, approved by Governor Ige’s administration today, provides modified procedures for BACK2GOLF Hawaii under its Hawaii Golf Phase 4 (HGP4) plan. For plan details please visit: https://www.aspga.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/41/2021/06/210621-FINAL-Hawaii-Golf-Operations-Guidelines-HGP-4.pdf
HGP4 allows for the following changes which will be implemented at our municipal courses:
- Tee time reservations restored back to normal operating intervals
- Shotgun tournaments will allow up to 216 golfers;
- Flagsticks will be removed from the holes and modified putting cups will be replaced with normal cups;
- Bunker rakes will be replaced at bunkers for golfers to use; and
- Golf ball washers will be reopened for use.
The following requirements will remain:
- Masks shall be worn indoors at all times;
- Golf groups shall not exceed six players in a group;
- Group gatherings shall not exceed 25 people;
Advanced tee time reservations are highly encouraged. The tee time reservation phone line, (808) 296-2000, opens at 6:30 a.m. daily to book tee times at any of the six municipal golf courses up to seven days in advance. Limited stand-by/walk-in play will be allowed at all six courses.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- About First Friday
Learn about First Friday Honolulu Gallery Walk in downtown Honolulu / Chinatown area.
- Current Events and Exhibits Calendar
Check out upcoming exhibits, shows and events for the next First Friday.
- First Friday News
Keep up with the latest news from the First Friday community - special events, calendars, Downtown/Chinatown news, art news and much more!
- First Friday Featured Pages
Artist, galleries, maps, parking, shopping, restaurants and much more. More...
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the First Friday Hawaii.com Community More...