First Friday Hawaii
- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Real Property Tax Second Installment 2020-2021 Final Monthly Payment Option Due May 21, 2021
Real property tax second installment 2020-2021 final monthly payment option due May 21, 2021
HONOLULU -- Payments for the City and County of Honolulu's second installment of real property taxes for the 2020 - 2021 tax year were payable by February 22, 2021. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, for this installment, the Department of Budget and Fiscal Services (BFS) provided taxpayers with the option to pay the full amount due in four (4) equal monthly payments. BFS reminds property owners the final monthly payment option is due May 21, 2021.
"It is very important to make your final coupon payment by the due date of May 21, 2021, to avoid penalty and interest charges," said Director Andy Kawano, Department of Budget and Fiscal Services. "Late payment will result in the taxpayer effectively foregoing the option to pay in four monthly payments, resulting in past due penalties and interest on the entire second installment that was due on February 22, 2021."
Payment can be made by:
- Electronic Payment: Pay with a MasterCard/VISA or Discover credit card, MasterCard/VISA pinless debit card, or directly from your bank account using eCheck. Pay online at http://www.hnlpay.com. Payments made by credit cards are also accepted by telephone at (877) 309-9117. A convenience fee is applied by the service provider, ACI Payments, Inc., and will be included at payment confirmation.
- Mail: Payment must have a post office cancellation mark on or before the due date
- Curbside Drop Box: Located outside of Honolulu Hale (Black/Gray Box)
If you are a property owner who pays your real property taxes directly and you have not received a bill, you should check immediately by visiting our website at www.honolulupropertytax.com. You may also call our Real Property Tax Collection Section, Division of Treasury a (808) 768-3980 between 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Property owners are reminded that NON-RECEIPT of their tax bills will not exempt them from meeting the real property tax payment deadline and will not excuse them from being assessed a late penalty of up to 10 percent plus interest of 12 percent a year. A fee of $25 will also be charged for dishonored payments.
The minimum tax for the fiscal year is $300.00.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- About First Friday
Learn about First Friday Honolulu Gallery Walk in downtown Honolulu / Chinatown area.
- Current Events and Exhibits Calendar
Check out upcoming exhibits, shows and events for the next First Friday.
- First Friday News
Keep up with the latest news from the First Friday community - special events, calendars, Downtown/Chinatown news, art news and much more!
- First Friday Featured Pages
Artist, galleries, maps, parking, shopping, restaurants and much more. More...
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the First Friday Hawaii.com Community More...