First Friday Hawaii
- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Governor Ige Approves City And County Of Honolulu Requests To Extend Emergency Proclamation, Test Travelers With Exemptions
Governor Ige approves City and County of Honolulu requests to extend emergency proclamation, test travelers with exemptions
HONOLULU- Governor Ige approved Mayor Caldwell's 10th proclamation today, which extends the state of emergency in the City and County of Honolulu related to COVID-19 to February 14, 2021. The Governor also approved the City and County of Honolulu's request to test incoming "CISA essential workers" who received a limited self-quarantine exemption issued by the state.
Both documents can be found online at https://www.honolulu.gov/mayor/proclamations-orders-and-rules.html
Under the City's order, "CISA essential workers/critical employees" entering the City through the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport ("DKI Airport") and who have obtained a limited exemption from the State with regard to the State's COVID-19 related self-quarantine for out-of-State travelers ("Exemption Holder(s)") are now subject to the following requirements:
- First post-arrival test. Upon arrival, Exemption Holders shall pay for and take their first of the three mandated post-arrival COVID-19 tests at the lab located at the DKI Airport operated by the National Kidney Foundation of Hawai‘i.
- Installation of LumiSight Workplace application. Before leaving the DKI Airport, Exemption Holders shall install the LumiSight Workplace mobile app from the App Store (for iOS devices) or Google Play (for Android devices) on their own smart device and complete the registration process, which includes providing a valid email address/contact phone number, creating a password, and confirming the account with a verification code.
- Responding to daily wellness/location checks. For the period of ten (10) calendar days following arrival in the City, Exemption Holders shall respond to wellness and/or location checks via the LumiSight Workplace application.By voluntarily exercising the exemption granted by the State, and using the LumiSight Workplace application, Exemption Holders agree to share the location data provided at the time of their responses to daily wellness/location checks, via the application, with City and State authorities to ensure compliance with the exemption granted.
- Compliance with terms of State's limited exemption. Exemption Holders shall comply with all other terms of the limited exemption granted by the State (including, but not limited to, limitations on travel within the City, and completion of the remaining two (2) COVID-19 tests).
- Isolation and immediate reporting of positive tests. If an Exemption Holder tests positive for COVID‐19, that person shall be subject to immediate isolation at their planned lodging accommodation (e.g., hotel, legal vacation rental, or residence) -- unless they cannot isolate safely at such place, in which case the person shall lodge at one of the City's designated isolation/quarantine sites -- as directed by a health service providers or the DOH, and shall comply with all DOH protocols related to positive COVID-19 infection.Such person is also required to immediately report the positive test to their respective organization (if any).
- Consequences of non-compliance. Non-compliance with the requirements of this Order 10 is punishable (1) as a misdemeanor, with fines of up to $5,000, up to a year in jail, or both; and/or (2) ineligibility of the individual and their organization (as applicable) from future exemptions (as determined by the State).
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- About First Friday
Learn about First Friday Honolulu Gallery Walk in downtown Honolulu / Chinatown area.
- Current Events and Exhibits Calendar
Check out upcoming exhibits, shows and events for the next First Friday.
- First Friday News
Keep up with the latest news from the First Friday community - special events, calendars, Downtown/Chinatown news, art news and much more!
- First Friday Featured Pages
Artist, galleries, maps, parking, shopping, restaurants and much more. More...
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the First Friday Hawaii.com Community More...