First Friday Hawaii
- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Permitted Camping Resumes Tomorrow, Maximum 5 People Per Campsite
Permitted camping resumes tomorrow, maximum 5 people per campsite
Canopy permits not required with camping permit, but canopy guidelines must be followed
O‘AHU -- With permitted camping resuming in City campgrounds tomorrow afternoon, Friday, Oct. 9, the Honolulu Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) is taking this opportunity to remind the public of some of the changes to camping operations amidst the current Mayoral Emergency Order.
- Currently, only 5 people are allowed per campsite. This is in accordance with the current Tier 1 reopening guideline limiting social gatherings to 5 people regardless of household. While regular campground rules allow for 10 people per campsite, the Emergency Order supersedes this rule. DPR is working to adjust the permit printouts to reflect this change, however previously issued camping permits may erroneously indicate that 10 people are allowed per campsite. We apologize for this confusion.
- A separate canopy permit is not needed for those with valid camping permits. However, campers must follow the Canopy Permit Guidelines.
- The capacity of City campgrounds was previously reduced to accommodate physical distancing guidelines between campsites. Generally, this resulted in about half of the campgrounds remaining available for public use. Currently there are 16 campgrounds available to the public with 108 campsites.
- Campground A at Kualoa Regional Park is scheduled to remain closed through November 16, 2020 while a Kākou for Parks comfort station renovation is completed.
If you need an auxiliary aid/service or other accommodation due to a disability or an interpreter for a language other than English, please call DPR at (808) 768-3003 on weekdays from 7:45 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- About First Friday
Learn about First Friday Honolulu Gallery Walk in downtown Honolulu / Chinatown area.
- Current Events and Exhibits Calendar
Check out upcoming exhibits, shows and events for the next First Friday.
- First Friday News
Keep up with the latest news from the First Friday community - special events, calendars, Downtown/Chinatown news, art news and much more!
- First Friday Featured Pages
Artist, galleries, maps, parking, shopping, restaurants and much more. More...
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the First Friday Hawaii.com Community More...