First Friday Hawaii
- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Drive-Thru Flu Shots Available In Kakaako This Weekend
Drive-thru flu shots available in Kaka‘ako this weekend
Clinics available at Kaka‘ako Waterfront Park from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. this Saturday and Sunday
KAKA‘AKO -- In anticipation of an active flu season amidst a global pandemic, a drive-thru flu shot clinic will be held in the Kaka‘ako Waterfront Park parking lot on Cooke Street from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. (noon) on Saturday, Oct. 3 and Sunday, Oct. 4.
The "Drive Through to Beat the Flu" clinic is available to everyone with or without insurance. Participants are asked to enter the event in their motor vehicle through the intersection of Ward Avenue and Ala Moana Boulevard.
The first hour of these clinics (from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.) is reserved for Seniors ages 65 years and older.
Additional requirements to receive your flu shot during these clinics include:
- All participants must wear a face covering and be in a motor vehicle (no walk-ups)
- A completed Flu Shot Questionnaire and Consent Form (click to access a copy)
- Photocopy of your State-issued identification, School identification, or Birth Certificate
- If you have insurance:
- Photocopy of all of your Medical Insurance Card(s). While most insurance policies cover flu shots, a copay may be necessary. Please check with your health care provider to determine your coverage.
- Medicare Advantage plan members must have their Medicare A/B cards, as well as their advantage plan card (e.g., HMSA, HUMANA, Kaiser, UHC etc.)
- If you are not the primary subscriber on your insurance plan, you will also provide the subscriber's Legal Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Relationship (spouse, parent)
Printing the completed consent form and providing the above-mentioned photocopies before arriving at the events will help to expedite the process, so we highly encourage those participating to prepare these documents ahead of time. However, scanners will be available to intake copies.
The flu shots will be provided on a first-come-first-served basis until supplies last.
"This year, more than ever, it is very important to get a flu shot," said Dr. Jill Omori, the City's Infectious Disease Officer. "Although a flu shot will not protect you against COVID-19, the flu and COVID-19 are very difficult to distinguish from each other. Being protected against the flu will decrease the likelihood that you would need to get a COVID test. In addition, decreasing the number of flu cases that we have in the community would help to preserve health care resources for possible COVID-19 cases."
This flu shot clinic is brought to thanks to a partnership between My Health Solutions and the Hawai‘i State AFL-CIO Labor Community Services Program. Additional assistance was provided by sponsors: Accredo, HMSA Hawai‘i, Lihue Pharmacy Group, Hawai‘i Medical College, Kaiser Permanente, the John A. Burns School of Medicine, the Hawai‘i H.O.M.E. Project, and the City and County of Honolulu.
Please contact My Health Solutions for additional information relating to these weekend clinics at (808) 294-1399.
If you need an auxiliary aid/service or other accommodation due to a disability or an interpreter for a language other than English in relation to this public announcement, please call the at (808) 768-3003 on weekdays from 7:45 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. or email email@example.com
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- About First Friday
Learn about First Friday Honolulu Gallery Walk in downtown Honolulu / Chinatown area.
- Current Events and Exhibits Calendar
Check out upcoming exhibits, shows and events for the next First Friday.
- First Friday News
Keep up with the latest news from the First Friday community - special events, calendars, Downtown/Chinatown news, art news and much more!
- First Friday Featured Pages
Artist, galleries, maps, parking, shopping, restaurants and much more. More...
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the First Friday Hawaii.com Community More...