Labor Day holiday schedule
HONOLULU -- City and County of Honolulu offices across Oahu will close Monday, Sept. 7, in observance of Labor Day.
The holiday schedule for the City and County of Honolulu operations is as follows:
- Emergency medical services, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner, and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a modified state holiday schedule. Please visit thebus.org for route and schedule information, and rider guidelines.
- Refuse will be collected. Transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER, and the Waimanalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be open. Please visit opala.org for information.
- Remaining closed to comply with Mayor Kirk Caldwell's emergency stay-at-home, work-at-home orders are: all parks; municipal golf courses; botanical gardens; the Honolulu Zoo; Neal S. Blaisdell Center; People Open Markets; Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve and Koko Head Shooting Complex; as well as satellite city halls and driver licensing centers.
The following traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
- As part of the response to the coronavirus pandemic, no parking will be allowed on all streets and shoulders in Lanikai, 24 hours a day weekly until further notice.
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Queen Kapiolani Park, metered parking lots, and meters on specific Waikiki streets. View the list of Waikiki streets here.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- About First Friday
Learn about First Friday Honolulu Gallery Walk in downtown Honolulu / Chinatown area.
- Current Events and Exhibits Calendar
Check out upcoming exhibits, shows and events for the next First Friday.
- First Friday News
Keep up with the latest news from the First Friday community - special events, calendars, Downtown/Chinatown news, art news and much more!
- First Friday Featured Pages
Artist, galleries, maps, parking, shopping, restaurants and much more. More...
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the First Friday Hawaii.com Community More...