Statehood Day holiday schedule
HONOLULU -- City and County of Honolulu offices will be closed in observance of Statehood Day on Friday, Aug. 21.
The holiday schedule for the City and County of Honolulu operations is as follows:
- Emergency medical services, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner, and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a state holiday schedule. Please visit thebus.org for route and schedule information, and rider guidelines.
- Refuse will be collected. Transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER, and the Waimanalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be open. Please visit opala.org for information.
- Municipal golf courses are open. Please visit honolulu.gov/des/golf for revised play information.
- The Honolulu Zoo will be open. New hours for the Honolulu Zoo are Wednesday to Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., with the entrance closing at 2:30 p.m. Please visit honolulu.gov/zoo for information.
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Center box office remains closed. Please visit blaisdellcenter.com/ for information.
- All parks, the People's Open Markets and Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve will remain closed. Please visit honolulu.gov/parks for information.
- All satellite city halls and driver licensing centers will be closed.
The following traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
- As part of the response to the coronavirus pandemic, no parking will be allowed on all streets and shoulders in Lanikai, 24 hours a day weekly through Sept. 5.
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Queen Kapiolani Park, metered parking lots, and meters on specific Waikiki streets. View the list of Waikiki streets here.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- About First Friday
Learn about First Friday Honolulu Gallery Walk in downtown Honolulu / Chinatown area.
- Current Events and Exhibits Calendar
Check out upcoming exhibits, shows and events for the next First Friday.
- First Friday News
Keep up with the latest news from the First Friday community - special events, calendars, Downtown/Chinatown news, art news and much more!
- First Friday Featured Pages
Artist, galleries, maps, parking, shopping, restaurants and much more. More...
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the First Friday Hawaii.com Community More...