First Friday Hawaii
- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Mayor Caldwell Provides Re-Opening Requirements For Oahu Restaurants
Mayor Caldwell provides re-opening requirements for OÊ»ahu restaurants
HONOLULU -- Mayor Kirk Caldwell announced today that starting Friday, June 5, in-person table service dining in restaurants in the City and County of Honolulu will be allowed following the City's guidelines approved by Governor David Ige.
Bars and nightclubs remain closed at this time and no self-service buffets or drink stations will be allowed.
Restaurants on Oâ€˜ahu will be allowed to reopen beginning on June 5 under the following requirements, conditions, and privileges:
- Continued compliance with all State of Hawaiâ€˜i and City regulatory and legal standards for operating a food services business
- Compliance with Social Distancing Requirements (as modified in Section 12 of the Mayor's Emergency Order)
- Dining groups must be limited to a maximum of ten individuals per group (regardless of household membership)
- Cleaning and disinfecting must be conducted in compliance with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance
- Restaurant employees must wear face coverings during their shift -- cooks and kitchen staff that do not interact with the public are encouraged but not required to wear face coverings
- Hourly touch-point sanitization (workstations, equipment, screens, doorknobs, restrooms, etc.) is required
- Frequent hand washing/sanitizing by employees is required
The reopening of restaurants guidelines also include a pilot sidewalk/outdoor dining opportunity at certain restaurants that abut City properties, including certain sidewalks. Please see the guidelines for further information. The City will roll out its sidewalk/outdoor dining application and temporary permit form shortly for interested restaurants that wish to take advantage of this unique opportunity.
The full list of guidelines can be found in an amended Exhibit A of the Mayor's Hoâ€˜oulu i Honolulu 2.0 Order (Restore Honolulu 2.0 Order).
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- About First Friday
Learn about First Friday Honolulu Gallery Walk in downtown Honolulu / Chinatown area.
- Current Events and Exhibits Calendar
Check out upcoming exhibits, shows and events for the next First Friday.
- First Friday News
Keep up with the latest news from the First Friday community - special events, calendars, Downtown/Chinatown news, art news and much more!
- First Friday Featured Pages
Artist, galleries, maps, parking, shopping, restaurants and much more. More...
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the First Friday Hawaii.com Community More...