First Friday Hawaii
- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
12/23/19 New Year's Day holiday schedule
New Year's Day holiday schedule
HONOLULU -- City and County of Honolulu offices will be closed in observance New Year's Day on Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2020.
The holiday schedule for the City and County of Honolulu operations is as follows:
- Emergency medical, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner, and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a Sunday schedule.For route and schedule information, please visit www.thebus.org.
- Refuse will NOT be collected and transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER, and the Waimānalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be closed. If your household refuse collection falls on New Year's Day, go to opala.org for additional information.
- The Ala Wai, Ted Makalena and ‘Ewa Villages golf courses will be open from 7 a.m. -- 11 a.m. for 18-hole play and 11 a.m. -- 1 p.m. for 9-hole play. The Kahuku Golf Course will be open from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Pali and West Loch golf courses will be closed.
- The Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- The Honolulu Botanical Gardens will be closed.
- Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve will be closed.
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Center box office will be closed.
- The People's Open Markets will not be held.
- All satellite city halls and driver licensing centers will be closed.
The following traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalākaua Avenue along Queen Kapi‘olani Park, metered parking lots, and meters on specific Waikīkī streets. View the list of Waikīkī streets here.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- About First Friday
Learn about First Friday Honolulu Gallery Walk in downtown Honolulu / Chinatown area.
- Current Events and Exhibits Calendar
Check out upcoming exhibits, shows and events for the next First Friday.
- First Friday News
Keep up with the latest news from the First Friday community - special events, calendars, Downtown/Chinatown news, art news and much more!
- First Friday Featured Pages
Artist, galleries, maps, parking, shopping, restaurants and much more. More...
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the First Friday Hawaii.com Community More...