First Friday Hawaii
- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
City's Appointment System Catching On With Residents
City's appointment system catching on with residents
O‘ahu motorists are showing signs of embracing the city's appointment system to renew a driver license or state identification card.
Of the 167,606 O‘ahu motorists who renewed a driver license or state ID in the past 10 months, 72 percent used the city's AlohaQ appointment system. The other 28 percent were walk-in customers.
"With an appointment residents can be in and out of our driver licensing centers and satellite city halls in about 20 minutes," said Customer Services Director Sheri Kajiwara. "We want to encourage residents to continue making appointments to help shorten the wait time for their transactions."
Driver licenses and state IDs can be renewed six months before they expire, and appointments can be booked up to three months in advance. To make an appointment, visit honolulu.gov/CSD.
The city has adjusted and updated AlohaQ by adding service locations, increasing the number of available slots per day, preventing people from making more than one appointment, and extending bookings to three months in advance.
The latest system update shows the next available appointment at each location, allowing users to select a suitable date and location. In addition, regular driver license renewal is now available by appointment only at the Commercial Driver Licensing Office in Pearl City (879 Second St.).
The AlohaQ appointment system provides a confirmation number and ticket and will send a reminder 15 minutes before the appointment. O‘ahu motorists are encouraged to cancel their appointment if they no longer need it.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- About First Friday
Learn about First Friday Honolulu Gallery Walk in downtown Honolulu / Chinatown area.
- Current Events and Exhibits Calendar
Check out upcoming exhibits, shows and events for the next First Friday.
- First Friday News
Keep up with the latest news from the First Friday community - special events, calendars, Downtown/Chinatown news, art news and much more!
- First Friday Featured Pages
Artist, galleries, maps, parking, shopping, restaurants and much more. More...
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the First Friday Hawaii.com Community More...