First Friday Hawaii
- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Arts District Merchants Association Announces National Walk on the Wild Side: April 11, 2015, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
National Walk on the Wild Side:
A Family-Friendly Event Celebrating and Discovering Downtown Honolulu From Fort Street Mall to Kekaulike Mall
April 11, 2015, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Celebrate national "Walk on the Wild Side" day, Saturday, April 11, 2015 throughout Downtown-Chinatown. "Walk on the Wild Side" is a National Kidney Foundation initiative drawing attention to the health benefits of walking. The Honolulu celebration blends healthy walking with an exploration of both old and new in the Arts District and Chinatown. A number of activities will be hosted throughout a seven-block area between Fort Street Mall and Kekaulike Mall. Event highlights include:
- ⋅ Welcome messages by Mayor Caldwell, director of Department of Transportation Services, Mike Formby and Glenn Hayashida, President of Kidney Foundation of Hawaii, Noon at Fort Street Mall.
- ⋅ National Kidney Foundation Health Fair, with free pedometers, pens, pencils and bags (while supplies last) at Fort Street Mall.
- ⋅ "Walk on the Wild Side" mystery walk, taking you to five different locations throughout the area. Clues to various destinations given along the way.
- ⋅ Art & Flea Urban Marketplace at Fort Street Mall.
⋅ Musical entertainment at four different stages:
o Fort Street Mall Main Stage: With 101.9 DJ Kevin Jones as host and music by Desert
Sea, Red Light Challenge, Reproach and Erika Elona
o Keakauilike Mall Stage: Featuring Zach Manzano, Adam Bradley, Josh Sharp and the
Artis Family Band
o Chinatown Courtyard at the Menonca Building: Featuring Terry, Nate Hatico,
Michael Chung, Brian Chang and Allstar Jam.
o Manifest Stage: with Zach Manzano and Adam Bradley
- ⋅ Arts and Kitch, an art sale, at Arts at Marks Garage.
- ⋅ Holistic Health Fair, with a number of spiritual treats at Louis Pohl Gallery and Bar 35.
- ⋅ Hands-on art project at HiSAM (Hawaii State Art Museum).
- ⋅ Art exhibits by the artists at the Chinatown Courtyard and Artists' Lofts (Mendonca Building).
- ⋅ Show by the Cut Collective, a group of three local fashion designers at Ginger 13.
- ⋅ Live drawing class at Manifest
- ⋅ Show your "Walk on the Wild Side" map for discounts (20% at Tin Can Mail Man and Art Treasures); free gift from Pegge Hopper gallery.
The event is free and registration packets, a complimentary pedometer, reusable bags along with a map of the area's treats and surprises will be available at Fort Street Mall, starting at 11 am
Event sponsors include, City and County of Honolulu, National Kidney Foundation Hawaii Chapter, Arts District Merchants' Association, Fort Street Mall Business Improvement District Association, the American Society of Young Musicians, Hawaii Chapter and the Creative Arts Experience.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- About First Friday
Learn about First Friday Honolulu Gallery Walk in downtown Honolulu / Chinatown area.
- Featured Sponsors
Great offers from our sponsors who support the First Friday Hawaii.com Community More...
- First Friday Featured Pages
Artist, galleries, maps, parking, shopping, restaurants and much more. More...
- First Friday News
Keep up with the latest news from the First Friday community - special events, calendars, Downtown/Chinatown news, art news and much more!
- Current Events and Exhibits Calendar
Check out upcoming exhibits, shows and events for the next First Friday.
- First Friday Facebook
View/Join First Friday Facebook fan page.
- First Friday Twitter
Our mission is to tweet you hot tips and money savers related to First Friday Art Gallery Walk and the art community. Populated By MBC Website Tools.
Advertise On First Friday Hawaii.com And Reach Thousands!
Become a sponsor on First Friday Hawaii.Com and get your message across, loud and clear! Call 808-739-9797. Reach thousands! More...