Hawaii Opera Theatre Ticket Coupon and Discounts - Honolulu, Hawaii
SORRY - THIS SPECIAL OFFER HAS CLOSED
FEEL FREE TO FOLLOW US TO GET NOTIFIED FOR OTHER HAWAII OPERA SPECIAL OFFERS
Click on links below to learn about 2013-2014 Hawaii Opera Theater Shows
Email | Facebook | Twitter | Text
GET 50% OFF
Privacy - We value our relationship with YOU!. Your Email address is not shared with anyone except First FridayHawaii.com You will be added to the "once a month" newsletter to keep you current and informed. If you would like to be removed, just reply to the Email confirmation with "DISCONTINUE" in the subject line.
Learn more about the integrity of the owner of this website
2013-2014 Upcoming Shows & Tickets
Brave and brazen prince falls in love with bitter princess. If he cannot answer her three riddles, death befalls him. If he succeeds, he marries her. LEARN MORE
The drama you are about to experience is a tale of truth, both in the ecstasy of love and the brutality of rage. LEARN MORE
There's a lot going on here so try to keep up: Nanki-Poo is in love with Yum Yum. Ko Ko is in love with Yum Yum. Yum Yum loves Nanki-Poo but doesn't want to defy Ko Ko. Katisha is in love with Nanki-Poo. The Mikado just wants an execution. Preferably, NOT his son. LEARN MORE
Interview on recent Hawaii Opera Theatre Show
ABOUT HAWAII OPERA THEATRE
"Hawaii Opera Theatre is fortunate to be positioned at the international crossroads of the Pacific Rim, attracting world-class artists and production partners from Asia to North America to Europe."
- Henry Akina, HOT General and Artistic Director
Welcome to HOT (Hawaii Opera Theatre)
Opera has been part of island culture for more than a century. Its history in Hawaii, which dates back to the 1850s, includes stories of Queen Emma singing in the chorus of Verdi's Il Trovatore while her husband, King Kamehameha IV served as the stage manager! Queen Liliuokalani is said to have composed her own opera. Hawaii Opera Theatre (HOT) was established as a non-profit organization in 1960.
Today, HOT is known for its vibrant and creative productions. Artistic excellence continues to be the cornerstone of standards for the company. International artists, who have graced stages from the New York Met to opera houses throughout Europe and Asia, compete up to three years in advance to perform on the HOT stage along side Hawaii's best local artists. With its recent commemoration of 50 years as Hawaii's only professional opera company, HOT is one of the largest performing arts organizations in the state with performances and outreach presentations on all of the major islands.
Hawaii Opera Theatre has been delighting audiences since 1960. HOT's first opera season opened with Madama Butterfly at the McKinley High School Auditorium. Today, HOT is known for its vibrant and creative productions. Artistic excellence continues to be the cornerstone of standards for the company. International artists, who have graced stages from the New York Met to opera houses throughout Europe and Asia, compete up to three years in advance to perform on the HOT stage along side Hawaii's best local artists.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
BENEFITS OF SEASON SUBSCRIPTIONS
- Seats Guaranteed -- Your "same seat" (or better!) is guaranteed if you subscribe AND are a HOT member at the minimum level of $100 or above! HOT has a strong history of success, with many productions sold out in advance. Standing- room-only tickets are available in these instances, but to guarantee the best seating throughout the season, subscribe today! The only guarantee for seats is through subscribing.
- Seat Upgrades -- You can always upgrade your ticket by covering the additional cost difference of an available seat in the section you prefer. Contact us, and we will accommodate you as much as possible.
- Ticket Exchange Privilege - Subscribers may exchange tickets for another performance of the same opera up to 48 hours before their original ticket date.
- Priority Status for "Extra Seats" - Subscribers are offered the first chance to purchase select tickets before sales open to the general public.
- Seat Upgrade "Wait List" -- As a special courtesy, subscribers are placed on a "better seat or upgrade" wait list to fairly assign seat change requests according to ticket purchase date and history of support.
- RELATED LINKS
- About First Friday
Learn about First Friday Honolulu Gallery Walk in downtown Honolulu / Chinatown area.
- Current Events and Exhibits Calendar
Check out upcoming exhibits, shows and events for the next First Friday.
- First Friday News
Keep up with the latest news from the First Friday community - special events, calendars, Downtown/Chinatown news, art news and much more!
- First Friday Featured Pages
Artist, galleries, maps, parking, shopping, restaurants and much more. More...
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the First Friday Hawaii.com Community More...