First Friday Hawaii
- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Volunteers Needed Hawaii Theater Center * Fundraiser
HAWAII THEATRE CENTER SUNDAY, MAY 6 HONOLULU PREMIERE * FUNDRAISER
HAWAII THEATRE CENTER * FUNDRAISER HONOLULU PREMIERE MAY 6, 2018
The Hawaii Theatre is the host of the Hawaii Premier of the Andy Irons: Kissed by God. Andy was a beloved local boy who achieved international fame as a surfer.
This movie is incredibly timely, as it provides insight into the struggles of both opioid addiction and mental health challenges the three-time world champion battled. As a community, we have a tremendous opportunity to learn from the struggles our local hero faced, and do something to help those in need - many of whom we either know personally, or see on the streets daily in Honolulu.
To celebrate Andy's life, Hawaii Theatre is having a street festival from 4-7pm with food and drink prior to the movie, as well as educational tables and live entertainment in Sun Yat Sen Park featuring Jeff Rasmussen and Donavan Frankenreiter. Proceeds from the street festival will benefit the Hawaii Theatre and the soon to be formed Andy Irons Foundation.
We are looking for volunteers to help us make this a successful event. Hawaii Theatre Center will provide parking, a meal, keepsake lanyard and the opportunity to be part of such an amazing event!
Set Up Crew #1 - Noon to 4pm (15-20 volunteers)
- Setting up folding tables, chairs and linens, hanging banners
- Distribution of paper goods to restaurants booths
- Event Crew #2 - 3:30pm to 7pm (estimated...some areas will require earlier attendance) (40 volunteers)
Breakdown Crew #3 - 6:30pm-9:30pm (15-20 volunteers)
- Staffing food booths - plating and serving food from within a booth
- Food service - walk around with trays of food to help reduce the wait time in line
- General service - clearing tables of plates and cups, emptying trash, restocking food booths with
disposables, refreshing restrooms with paper products
- Check-in - ID check, wristbanding, distributing swag, parking validation
- Parking - assisting patrons at the parking structure (next to the machine) to help keep the lines moving
- Photographers -- roving throughout the event and capturing the event at its best
• Taking down banners, helping to move items back into the Theatre so the street can be cleared, picking up rubbish from the street
If you are able to give of your time and talent, please call Lisa Ching at 791-1314 or email: email@example.com.
Welcome to the Hawaii Theatre!
View Hawaii Theatre Event Calendar
Proclaimed as the "Pride of the Pacific," the beautiful Hawaii Theatre, built by the Consolidated Amusement Company, opened its doors September 6, 1922 in downtown Honolulu. The Hawaii Theatre operated as a showplace for vaudeville, plays, musicals and silent films until it fell into disrepair and the land lease was abandoned by Consolidated in 1984.
In 1986, the Hawaii Theatre Center, a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation was formed to save the Hawaii Theatre from the wrecking ball and in May 1996, the Hawaii Theatre reopened its doors as a 1400-seat, multi-purpose, state-of-the art performance center.
The Hawaii Theatre was recognized as the 'Outstanding Historic Theatre in America' in 2005 by the League of Historic American Theatres and, in 2006, was awarded an Honor Award by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
Listed on both the State and National Registers of Historic Places, the Hawaii Theatre is available for all of Hawaii to enjoy.
Administrative Offices: Monday through Friday; 9AM - 5PM.
Box Office: Tuesday through Saturday; 9AM - 5PM.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Hawaii Theatre Center
Preserving Yesterday, Performing Today, Preparing for Tomorrow.
1130 Bethel Street, Honolulu, HI (View Map)
- About First Friday
Learn about First Friday Honolulu Gallery Walk in downtown Honolulu / Chinatown area.
- Current Events and Exhibits Calendar
Check out upcoming exhibits, shows and events for the next First Friday.
- First Friday News
Keep up with the latest news from the First Friday community - special events, calendars, Downtown/Chinatown news, art news and much more!
- First Friday Featured Pages
Artist, galleries, maps, parking, shopping, restaurants and much more. More...
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the First Friday Hawaii.com Community More...