First Friday Hawaii
- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Support Local Artists and Storytellers - Attend the November 9th FEAST!
November 9th FEAST
FEAST is on November 9th! Join Us to Support Local Artists and Storytellers
FEAST (Funding Emerging Art with Sustainable Tactics) is a public soirée that uses community-driven financial support to democratically fund new and emerging art makers. FEAST attendees will pay to attend a reception catered byThe Nook Neighborhood Bistro, and a portion of that payment will be set aside as a prize. While attendees eat, mingle, and imbibe, four artists will showcase their work and explain their proposed public art project. After the four presenters are finished, attendees vote on which artist's project they wish to award the prize. Support the artists by joining us:
When: Thursday, November 9th, 6-8pm
Where:The ARTS at Marks Garage(1159 Nuuanu Ave, Honolulu, HI)
Cost: Pre-sale $20 / atthe door $25
There are only 100 tickets available for this event - buy early!
The November 9th FEAST will be founded in storytelling. We have four amazing teamspresenting their ideas to share the stories of their communities through their artwork:
- Art & Shenanigans Committeeis a collection of individuals devoted to political activism in the form of artful public performance. Their tactics most often incorporate satire, absurdity, and silliness to address serious social concerns. Theyproduce action accessories,wearable protest art, puppets, percussion instruments, and performances.
- Emily and Rob Lauare a brother-sister storytelling duo, whowere both raised in Hawaiʻi, and come from human ecology and literature backgrounds. Theysee videos as a unique format that can capture the poetics of everyday life.
- Chris Ritsonis a media-artist whosepractice is informed by our relationship to nature, and ranges from video and installation, to biological and chemically generative sculpture.MichelleBroder Van Dykeis a Hawaii-based journalist, currently serving as the Night Editor for BuzzFeed News.
- The Playground Art Crewwas founded by Jeff Kaneta in August 2016. Their missionis to inspire creativity in students through providing art supplies and lessons.
The proceeds from this event will help fund a proposed public art project from one of the above teams. Join us on November 9th to learn about their proposals and vote for your favorite idea!
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- About First Friday
Learn about First Friday Honolulu Gallery Walk in downtown Honolulu / Chinatown area.
- Featured Sponsors
Great offers from our sponsors who support the First Friday Hawaii.com Community More...
- First Friday Featured Pages
Artist, galleries, maps, parking, shopping, restaurants and much more. More...
- First Friday News
Keep up with the latest news from the First Friday community - special events, calendars, Downtown/Chinatown news, art news and much more!
- Current Events and Exhibits Calendar
Check out upcoming exhibits, shows and events for the next First Friday.
- First Friday Facebook
View/Join First Friday Facebook fan page.
- First Friday Twitter
Our mission is to tweet you hot tips and money savers related to First Friday Art Gallery Walk and the art community. Populated By MBC Website Tools.
Advertise On First Friday Hawaii.com And Reach Thousands!
Become a sponsor on First Friday Hawaii.Com and get your message across, loud and clear! Call 808-739-9797. Reach thousands! More...