First Friday Hawaii
- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Hawai'i Watercolor Society's - Annual Member's Show @ Ho'omaluhia Gardens Main Gallery June 3rd - June 24th, 2017
Hawai'i Watercolor Society's ANNUAL MEMBERS SHOW 2017
Dates: June 3rd - June 24th
Ho`omaluhia Botanical Garden - 45-680 Luluku Road, Kaneohe, 96744
Free admission and on-site parking
Open to the public daily 9 am to 4 pm
Juried Show Juror: Sandra Duran Wilson
RECEPTION and Awards Ceremony: Sunday, June 4 from 4 to 6 pm. Public invited.
Questions? Call Susan Phillips at 808-262-9626
Visit our website at: http://www.hawaiiwatercolorsociety.org to see the selections and winners. You can also view or download a copy of the catalog.
Hilton Hawaiian Village opportunity for artists
Here is an opportunity for artists, as passed along to HWS from Hilton Hawaiian Village. Please refer to the website below for any questions.
We are very excited to announce a new promotion with Spoonflower.com featuring a month long design challenge featuring four separate design concepts centered around Hilton Hawaiian Village.
Hilton Hawaiian Village has partnered with Spoonflower (the first company of its kind with a community of over 3.5 million worldwide who create their own designs and artwork to create fabric, wallpaper and gift wrap.) They are sponsoring four contests around the Hilton Hawaiian Village starting May 30 to June 30 featuring the Rainbow Tower, Mid-Century Modern Hawaiian Village, Blue Hawaii and other cocktails created at Hilton Hawaiian Village and Friday Night Fireworks at Hilton Hawaiian Village. Check out more details at https://www.spoonflower.com/contests/rainbow-tower-on-the-beach-hilton-hawaiian-village-waikiki-beach-resort
- Rainbow Tower on the Beach Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
- Submissions close May 30 at 3 p.m. EDT, Voting begins June 1
- Designs in this series will feature beach and lagoon, with additional inspiration from Hilton's iconic Rainbow Tower and famous Diamond Head Crater. Add in some surfboards, palm trees, and/or canoe rides, to round out the best of what Hilton Hawaiian Village has to offer in the way of fun family-friendly outdoor activities.
- Mid-Century Modern Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
- Submissions close June 6 at 3 p.m. EDT, Voting begins June 8
- The Hawaiian Village Hotel was built in the 1950s before Conrad Hilton purchased it in 1961. Tiki culture thrived at the resort. There was no Rainbow Tower but there were plenty of thatched roof guest rooms, the lagoon, pink catamarans, palm trees and Waikiki Beach.
- Blue Hawaii Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
- Submissions close June 13 at 3 p.m. EDT, Voting begins June 15
- Hilton Hawaiian Village was the birthplace of many exotic, tropical beverages - Blue Hawaii, Tropical Itch, Hawaiian Cooler, Guava Lada, Hot Buttered Okolehao and Scratch Me Lani are all Harry Yee originals. Think Hawaiian Village tiki cups, hollowed out pineapples, exotic stir sticks or a paper umbrella, and you'll have captured the essence of this thirst quenching design challenge.
- Friday Night Fireworks Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
- Submissions close June 20 at 3 p.m. EDT, Voting begins June 22
- Fronting the Rainbow Tower, with the moon in the sky over Diamond Head, the ocean is ablaze with color every Friday night at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort. Capture the Waikiki skyline with Hilton Hawaiian Village and the Rainbow Tower as your focus for this design challenge. Enjoy a seat under the palm trees, grab a Mai Tai, and sit back for a spectacular fireworks display.
The Hawaii Watercolor Society is open to anyone interested in the art of watercolor. Our mission is to nurture and stimulate interest in water media through education, exhibitions, and collaboration with other organizations, associations, and individuals.
All HWS members receive a monthly newsletter in the mail. The HWS Newsletter is a great source of information for shows, watercolor workshops, paint outs, and exhibitions.
Annual membership dues are $40 dollars a year. To join us, please download membership application form print out, fill in and mail with enclosed check.
The Hawaii Watercolor Society was founded in 1962 by Hon Chew Hee. He was honored as Artist of the Year by the Hawaii State Legislature in 1986. In 1987, the Society dedicated it's 25th Silver Jubilee Exhibition to him. Given Honorary Life Membership in recognition of his service to the society, Hon Chew Hee passed away in 1993. In his memory, a Best in Show award is given at the biannual Hawaii Watercolor Society's shows.
In 1991, in recognition of their long service to our organization, HWS gave Honorary Life Membership status to Karin Latham and Jeanne Robertson.
In 2004, in recognition of their long service as Workshop Chairs, HWS gave Honorary Life Membership status to Helen C. Iaea and Rita J. Gustie.
To contact the Hawaii Watercolor Society for further questions, visit:
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Hawaii Watercolor Society
To nurture and stimulate interest in water media through education, exhibitions, and collaboration with other organizations, associations, and individuals. Hawai'i Watercolor Society Annual Open Exhibition at Marks Garage 10/3/2014
1159 Nuuanu Avenue, Honolulu, HI (View Map)
- About First Friday
Learn about First Friday Honolulu Gallery Walk in downtown Honolulu / Chinatown area.
- Featured Sponsors
Great offers from our sponsors who support the First Friday Hawaii.com Community More...
- First Friday Featured Pages
Artist, galleries, maps, parking, shopping, restaurants and much more. More...
- First Friday News
Keep up with the latest news from the First Friday community - special events, calendars, Downtown/Chinatown news, art news and much more!
- Current Events and Exhibits Calendar
Check out upcoming exhibits, shows and events for the next First Friday.
- First Friday Facebook
View/Join First Friday Facebook fan page.
- First Friday Twitter
Our mission is to tweet you hot tips and money savers related to First Friday Art Gallery Walk and the art community. Populated By MBC Website Tools.
Advertise On First Friday Hawaii.com And Reach Thousands!
Become a sponsor on First Friday Hawaii.Com and get your message across, loud and clear! Call 808-739-9797. Reach thousands! More...