First Friday Hawaii
- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Town Center Of Mililani Call For Artists To Design Sculpture
TOWN CENTER OF MILILANI ANNOUNCES PUBLIC ART CONTEST TO DESIGN PERMANENT SCULPTURE AS PART OF THEIR $MULTI-MILLION "MILILANI MAKEOVER" RENOVATION
Local artists 18+ invited to enter by October 15, 2016.
MILILANI, HI (September 15, 2016) - The Town Center of Mililani is pleased to announce a call for entries for local Hawai‘i artists to design a metal or stone sculpture to be permanently displayed at the popular Central O‘ahu shopping center. The design should reflect and pay tribute to the rich history and culture of Hawai‘i. The selected artist will receive $20,000 to produce the winning design for installation in the Town Center of Mililani's outdoor common area to be viewed and enjoyed by shoppers and diners.
The call for entries details are, as follows:
• Basic Rules include:
• Contest open to artists 18 years old or older who reside or work in Hawai‘i.
• Artwork must be original.
• Proposals must include:
• A written statement of interest (maximum 250 words)
• A rendering of the proposed work
• A written summary detailing the proposed work, including thematic content
and specific media components
• Artistʻs resume or curriculum vitae
• Up to five examples of previous works
• The above must be sent via email to
firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15, 2016.
• September 15 -- Call for entries announced
• October 15 -- Application deadline
• October-November -- Selection process by panel
• November 15 -- Artists notified
• December 2 -- Winning artist announced and winning design unveiled
at Town Center of Mililani event
• September 2017 -- Artwork installation (unveiling ceremony tba)
• Complete rules and contest description are included in the attachment
• Any questions may be sent to email@example.com.
"We are very excited about presenting this unique art contest to the public and looking forward to seeing the depth of talent we have among our local artists," said Leolani Kini, Senior Property Manager. "Having such a significant piece of local art displayed centrally at the Town Center of Mililani is part of our commitment to create a more exciting and vibrant place where people can gather to shop, eat, do business, and play."
ABOUT TOWN CENTER OF MILILANI
Town Center of Mililani is a 449,000 square-foot community shopping center located in the heart of the Mililani community. The center is home to more than 90 tenants including Consolidated Theatres, Longs Drugs and Times Supermarket. The center officially opened in 1988, and is currently undergoing a significant renovation project scheduled to open in December 2016. For more information, please visit www.towncenterofmililani.com.
Mona K. Wood-Sword
Cell. (808) 218-5546
# # #
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- About First Friday
Learn about First Friday Honolulu Gallery Walk in downtown Honolulu / Chinatown area.
- Featured Sponsors
Great offers from our sponsors who support the First Friday Hawaii.com Community More...
- First Friday Featured Pages
Artist, galleries, maps, parking, shopping, restaurants and much more. More...
- First Friday News
Keep up with the latest news from the First Friday community - special events, calendars, Downtown/Chinatown news, art news and much more!
- Current Events and Exhibits Calendar
Check out upcoming exhibits, shows and events for the next First Friday.
- First Friday Facebook
View/Join First Friday Facebook fan page.
- First Friday Twitter
Our mission is to tweet you hot tips and money savers related to First Friday Art Gallery Walk and the art community. Populated By MBC Website Tools.
Advertise On First Friday Hawaii.com And Reach Thousands!
Become a sponsor on First Friday Hawaii.Com and get your message across, loud and clear! Call 808-739-9797. Reach thousands! More...